IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will provide implementation support for new applications/services and/or enhancements to existing applications/services.
· Implement application/services to technical requirements and architectural and design specifications and perform unit testing to ensure functionality.
· You should have at least 3 years of experience as a developer with Microsoft development tools (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, .NET, Asp.NET, MVC, WCF, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server, and/or Team Foundation Server.
· Perform as one of the 7 development team members working on the project.
· Prepare documentation that details the deployment requirements.
· Test web-services, applications and prototypes developed and provide results to the COR for review. Once approved by the COR, assist in the deployment to production
· Support the CFTC in the deployment of the application into the production environment when the UAT is complete.
· Provide post-production support including fixing bugs and defects as well as resolving technical issues experienced by users.
As our customer's needs grow and change, IBM is committed to developing a workforce that can grow and change accordingly. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, flexible team members who will embrace the opportunity and want to be at the forefront of driving change in a working environment that enables smarter, collaborative, fact-based decisions, improves productivity and efficiency, and drives results while working in a dynamic team environment.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through: Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
.PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.