IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Who you are:
• You will team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high quality solutions focused on clients' business needs.
• You will do this using your systems knowledge and expertise to design and model data pipelines, data insights, business relevant data, optimize query performance, optimize storage and help drive business value from data
What you’ll do:
• Drive business value for our clients by building highly performant business relevant data pipelines and engineer data that is meaningful
• Participating in full lifecycle implementation of the technical components of solutions, including tool selection, data architecture, database administration, ETL (extract, transform and load), reporting and integration.
How we’ll help you grow:
• Work on first of a kind problems that require top-notch expertise
• Build data solutions that drive business value for our clients
• You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
• You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
• You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least one of Java/Scala and at least one of R/Python
Strong data development skills required
Expert understanding of how business is represented in data
Understanding of big-data architecture and storage/extraction optimization techniques and patterns
Big data,Hadoop,Hive,Mapreduce, Pig, hortonworks,spark skills required
5+ years of experience in data analysis/data architecture
Degree Computer Engineering/Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Math
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.