This role is responsible for providing service as ongoing operational management and control, including the overall operational health of DB2 for z/OS subsystems. Also responsible for handling problems and changes by using the required tools and following appropriate procedures, and acts as the first point of contact in case of escalations.
· Planning and installation of new DB2 for z/OS subsystem releases to maintain software currency.
· Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
· Open requirements and/or fix requests for software updates
· Management of DB2 for z/OS subsystem & software configurations (via change control).
· Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
· Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
· Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied before due date.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation.
· Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
· Reviewing and approving change control plans.
· Resolution of problems relating to the DB2 subsystem and associated software.
· Consult with product vendor support resources to identify problems and potential fixes.
• YOUR MONEY
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Life InsuranceInternational environment
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Requires 6 years of experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of relational databases
Excellent understanding of relational data base technology.
Knowledge of data base modeling and design techniques
Experience with JCL, SQL including DDL, DML, and DCL
Experience with database management utilities (Image Copy, Recovery, REORG, RUNSTATS, Load, Bind, Explain, etc.)
Ability to assist development teams in troubleshooting
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.