IT Specialist, Desktop Support provides and maintains high level technical support on operating systems and specific applications in response to end-user requests with minimal supervision.
• Troubleshoot technical problems from software to hardware, such as Laptops, Desktops and Printers
• Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
• Perform IMAC related tasks as assigned (e.g., hardware or software upgrade) including data migration
• Resolve reported incidents in the software & hardware environment
• Maintain an asset database and track changes
• Escalate unresolved issues to internal teams
• Maintain incident management system with up to date information on ticket progress
• Complete assigned tickets in timely manner within the Client SLAs.
What we can offer
Health/insurance related benefits (AYCM sports card, private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
Commuting and relocation support
Special discounts with IBM card
New employee referral bonus
International environment, development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Desktop support experience
• Good communication skills and problem solving skills
• Experience refreshing / reimaging machines
• Ability to perform root cause analysis
• English knowledge
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Ticketing system experience a plus (i.e. ServiceNow, Maximo)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.