Will AI transform every job? Who owns your personal data and what can they do with it? What is quantum computing? How will Blockchain redefine trade? Want to learn the new language of code? These emerging technologies are reshaping how business and government operate, and how Australians work and live. This type of revolution only comes around every 20-25 years – when innovation and business change so profoundly at the same time.
IBM has invested over $37B in these technologies, and here in Australia we are at the forefront of this change. In Australia, we have dedicated teams of researchers, master inventors, engineers and developers applying these technologies to solve some of Australian’s biggest challenges and opportunities.
We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager, with hands-on experience working with executives and senior leaders to join our team. You will drive creative story-telling across these emerging technologies that can be shared with media, analysts, influencers, clients, government and industries bodies.
You will be part of a high energy and fast paced team responsible for protecting and enhancing the IBM brand. We are looking for an innovative thinker, someone who is detail-oriented and who is an expert collaborator able to conceive big ideas, and engage others in their execution and delivery.
What will I be doing?
· Develop and implement communications strategy with clearly defined objectives and measurements, and to execute flawlessly against these plans
· Produce compelling content that can be applied across different internal and external channels and audiences
· Work with key stakeholders to execute an eminence program through industry influencers and commentators
· Ensure messages across mediums are consistent
· Act as a trusted advisor to the executives that are supported in this role
What skills will I need?
· Impeccable written and verbal communication
· Capable of creating captivating content across multiple formats
· Problem solving mind-set, with a can-do attitude
· Strong collaborative skills and the ability to influence others
· Strong knowledge and daily experience with media and social media
· High attention to detail
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Enjoy research and analytical analysis
· A passion for finding stories, pitching to media and 'hustle' for coverage
What experience do I need?
· 8-10 years’ experience in a Communications role with bias to external communications
· Advisor to C-suite level executives in a large and complex environment
· 3 years experience in technology or industry specific topics (preferred)
If you are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Job Code: 09045042
Compensation package from $144,200.00 and will be determined based on successful candidates relevant skills and experience
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.