We are looking for a designer with solid experience who thrives in a collaborative
environment to design delightful end-to-end customer experiences. The designer will join a
dynamic team to create and deliver Watson Customer Engagement offerings
that is fundamentally changing the way businesses interact with their customers and
deliver products & services to them. The role involves closely collaborating with product
and development teams.
• Design skills will be essential in the core tasks for this role:
• Adding visual design to convert wireframes into high quality, polished designs
• Presenting deliverables for implementation to the development team
• Creating business process scenarios and flows
• Translating user research insights into mockups and wireframes
In addition to offering work, shorter-term projects (proof of concepts, demos, etc.) will give
opportunities to flex the creative muscles. This role demands experience with current
design tools and methods, but also requires a willingness to investigate and learn new
approaches to solving problems, an appreciation of User Experience and Visual best
practices, and a commitment to invest in IBM Design Thinking. The successful design
candidate will be a self-starter and a creative thinker with outstanding verbal and written
communication skills, and be able to work with a wide variety of people across disciplines
face-to-face and via conference calls with a worldwide team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Experience (2-5 years) creating mockups, design patterns and navigation/interaction
• Experience with visual design tools and applying styles across user interfaces.
• Familiarity with conducting UI research and incorporating that feedback into design
iterations in an Agile environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of wireframing and design tools including Adobe Creative
Suite, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc.
• Knowledge of design methodologies and information architecture.
• Understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web applications
and mobile devices.
• Ability to foster relationships with customers, internal teams and empathize with our
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Presentation skills and an ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive manner.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment
• Must present portfolio of previous work incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that
demonstrate an understanding of interaction design and visual design.
• Knowledge of blockchain, and/or the supply chain industry
• Previous work on a product-based, design-thinking-enabled team, or enterprise B2B
• Previous work on a product-based, design-thinking-enabled team
• Knowledge of Agile best practices
• Experience creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, and
synthesis of research data into actionable insights
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.