IBM Security are looking for Client Technical Security Specialist with Guardium- Could that be You ?
IBM Security develops, integrates, sells, and distributes IBM’s wide array of security products and services, face-to-face and by telephone, working with IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners to deliver world-class solutions for our clients across multiple industries.
Our Pan-European Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams/CTP's and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; and answer technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of technical sales for IBM Guardium security products - including opportunity identification, analyzing IT security requirements of enterprise clients, selecting appropriate IBM solutions, architectural design of security solutions, leading PoTs / PoCs, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, and supporting quotes / pricing and other proposal development activities.
Successful candidates will:
• Present Database Activity Monitoring / Data Security offerings and points of view to clients and partners in sales calls and meetings.
• Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security policy and standards, and how IBM solutions will meet the requirements.
• Have experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including product sizing, and technical and quality assurance processes.
• Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market.
• Have experience as an individual contributor and team leader successfully executing PoTs / PoCs and extensive demonstrations in complex and competitive sales situations.
• Understand, and be able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
• Show evidence of working cohesively with channel partners to develop customer relationships, transfer technical skills and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
Candidates having hands-on experience with any of the following products will be highly desired:
IBM – Guardium Data Protection, Guardium Vulnerability Assessment
Guardium Data Encryption, Vormetric Transparent Encryption (Thales)
Qualified in CISSP, CISA, CISM
Please note : Whilst this role is being advertised in the UK , The hiring team will consider applicants currently based in another European country. The successful candidate can remain based within Europe , but must be willing and able to travel within the UK and Europe as and when required to.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Knowledge in selling enterprise solutions in the Security market with strong history of technical sales success
Experience in database security, data discovery and classification, database vulnerability assessment
Knowledge in security industry regulations/standards such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Payment Card Industry (PCI DSS), HIPAA, Sarbanes–Oxley (SOX) and compliance frameworks
Knowledge and understanding of relational databases, big data and cloud architecture (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), hands-on experience with SQL language and experience working in UNIX, Linux , and Windows environments
Understanding of enterprise application environment architecture
Basic knowledge of encryption and key management concepts
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Strong and demonstrable experience in installing, configuring, managing one or more of the following technologies – Database Activity Monitoring (preferred Guardium),
Database Vulnerability Assessment, Data Discovery and Classification, data encryption and key management
Strong / recent experience in selling enterprise solutions in the Security market with strong history of technical sales success.
Strong proven experience in the ability to design and demonstrate winning security solutions
• Understanding Network and product software security concepts is desirable
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise architecture, Java Scripting and XPath is a bonus
• Knowledge / experience with UNIX shell environments, UNIX scripting and Perl programming desirable
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.