The IBM Europe Services Pricing Team is a community of Trusted Business Advisors utilizing strong financial, business and management skills, best of breed processes and tools, and delivering commercial value in IT Services engagements. Currently we are expanding our Pricing Centers in Bratislava and Sofia with new roles for Senior Financial Experts.
IBM Services offers our Clients business transformation consultancy and project services, and long term managed IT Infrastructure Services, offering cognitive solutions in the IBM Cloud. These contracts are up to 10 years in duration and with total contract values in the range of 10s to 100s of millions USD.
Would you like to be a part of the engagement team, giving financial and commercial expertise support and playing an important role in winning these large contracts? The role is in direct contact with external Clients in EMEA countries, working with IBM Services Client Solution Executives, and Technical Solution Managers. Cooperation will be required in the creation of complex IT Infrastructure Services solutions for Clients, both in virtual teams as well as meeting them personally, requiring a preparedness to travel abroad.
Pricers must be able to work with minimal management direction and communicate well with client and IBM executives. Outstanding communication skills are needed, both verbally and written, both internal and external, and both at technical level and at executive level.
Pricers use a wide range of technical, financial and business skills for the development of complex, multi-year, business cases, all with the goal to ensure consistent profit while meeting client requirements and satisfaction. Understanding of the financial data at very detailed level as well as at a high level – and bouncing between these levels is also key.
Pricers work with autonomy, independence and integrity and act as a Financial Controller within the Engagement team.
The successful candidates should possess a solid background in more than one of the following competencies:
· Financial understanding: Knows how IBM financial structure works and understands the financial terminology; Has a flavor for numbers and understands the dynamics is in the financial community; Likes to work with spreadsheets; Has analytical skills
· Financial Controller understanding/CFO: is able to look at the financials and act as a “pre-signature controller” on the business cases and proposals;
· Communication, collaboration skills and teamwork: Is able to listen and understand complex descriptions; Is able to work in teams; Can communicate complex messages and defends the financial decisions taken
· Customer facing: Can participate in customer meetings and represent IBM from a financial point of view; Is able to sell the financial solution and prices of the deal; Demonstrates sales skills
· Business understanding: Has understanding of the business and how technical solution and cost case are linked; Understands transformation of customer financial to new business case – base case skills
· Negotiation skills: Is able to negotiate content of deals both internally and with customers. Bring understanding and clarity around financial effects when negotiating.
· Flexibility in work life balance: Be prepared to work 24/7 when cases peak and be flexible on work/life balance when engagements require presence outside normal office hours
· Leading vs Execution: Leads on pricing and finance topics and is able to suggest pricing structures, work with solutions to customer issues; Takes leading role for changes implemented in price, risk and solution rather than just executes on changes suggested
· Deal Shaping: Discusses the deal strategy Management and influence the shape of the deal from a financial point of view
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years experience in Finance/Pricing
Bachelor/Master in Finance and/or Accounting
Fluency in English
Fluency in DUTCH
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.