We believe that there are four imperatives that Consumer Products and Retail companies must address in today’s world, to win in the marketplace:
· Deliver a differentiated brand experience throughout the path to purchase
· Collaborate more effectively with channel partners to meet evolving consumer shopping preferences
· Optimize supply and distribution networks by integrating demand and supply signals
· Reinvent enterprise processes and accelerate organizational agility to enable new growth
IBM offers unmatched capabilities and opportunities to help Consumer Goods manufacturers and Retailers transform to become more responsive to their consumers and customers - from strategy consulting to helping companies define their vision and the roadmap to executing enterprise wide transformation through platform-enabled integrated solutions, underpinned by IBM proprietary assets, accelerators, including first-of-a-kind IBM Research-led projects to enable truly differentiated, market-leading capabilities.
IBM Global Business Services’ (GBS) helps organizations fundamentally redesign processes, experiences and infrastructure to create new sources of value and drive greater efficiencies through Digital Reinvention™. We help our clients apply advanced technologies embedded with AI, automation and analytics to modernize IT infrastructure and optimize operations. In addition, IBM consultants help set a strategic course of action that takes advantage of outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise.
Reporting to a Partner, the Associate Partner will maintain effective business relationships with our clients’ management teams and influence the overall success of GBS offerings within the Consumer Goods and Retail industries. S/he will work to determine clients’ needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, and GBS peers) and the client teams (which have overall client account responsibilities).
The Associate Partner is responsible for developing extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations which leads to being viewed as a "trusted advisor." They develop an extensive portfolio of strategic services opportunities within the Consumer Goods and Retail industries and select the most attractive opportunities based on proactive market screening, account targeting and business analysis techniques for potential engagement.
Candidates must have extensive sales experience, a track-record of effective leadership and must be recognized as an expert within the afore-mentioned industries. They should have shown industry expertise through publishing of white papers and / or presenting to c-suite on the trends and future of the Consumer Goods and / Retail sector.
The candidate will be accountable for the financial success and client satisfaction of engagements under his/her direction. S/he will define criteria for the scope, risk and profitability of engagements, as well as the viability of new business opportunities. This individual will identify, qualify, assist, and manage the closing of new business. S/he will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with clients’ decision makers. In addition, s/he should possess the ability to articulate solution value and leadership of services delivery.
The candidate will contribute to and be held accountable for the attainment of business objectives in his/her area of practice. S/he will also support the health and development of the practice through regular communication and participation in mentoring or coaching activities. Must be able to develop strong and trusted relationships with other areas of IBM and with team members to achieve quick responses to client demands.
A successful candidate will constantly need stay ahead of this fast-changing industry and be responsible for the biggest, most competitive “big game hunts” in the market.
In summary, the Associate Partner would have the following key responsibilities:
· Help grow the Distribution Sector faster than market in revenue and signings
· Drive IBM's corporate initiatives with Consumer Goods and Retail clients focused on Commerce, Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social and Security plus business and technology services
· Focus on driving transformational and / or large opportunities with our global Consumer Products and Retail clients
· Ensure IBM’s Strategy and Industry Solutions are driven into our global Consumer Products and Retail clients
The ideal candidate for this position will have established a reputation (capability and credibility) in the industry, including the following:
· Demonstrated understanding of the transformation challenges and opportunities in the Consumer Goods and Retail industries
· Demonstrated understanding of the nuances between Retail / Consumer Products segments
· Demonstrated understanding of the typical Retail / Consumer Products processes
· Demonstrated understanding of the differences and challenges between selling 'channels' or customer 'touchpoints, such as store, web, mobile, contact center, mobile, etc.
· Demonstrated understanding in general terms of Retail / Consumer Products applications offered by Oracle, SAP, Manhattan, JDA and IBM
· Demonstrated understanding of the importance of enterprise security, use of cloud, mobile and business analytics in Retail / Consumer Products
· 12+ years of increasing responsibility and track record of success in a consulting, operations, and/or business development role for Consumer Products / Retail solutions technology
· Demonstrated a progression of referenceable clients leading to broad business transformation enabled by industry solutions
· 7+ years of consulting experience with a top tier professional services firm (preferred)
· Proven ability to develop negotiation strategies that win engagements
· Proven ability to communicate effectively at the executive level
· Demonstrated people management ability to lead and mentor staff of all levels
· Willing and able to travel as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.