Be part of the agile team shaping the future of one of the world’s foremost technology companies, bringing innovative network solutions and capabilities to transform one of the largest corporate global networks in the world.
IBM maintains the largest corporate network in the world and it is highly critical to the success of our business. To further improve our network resiliency and quality, diversify our technology stack, and embrace next generation networking, IBM has redesigned the Network Engineering organization. The new organizational design will enable faster, smarter decision making and deliver speed to value. As part of this redesign, we are looking for two strong Network Engineers with business leadership skills in one of the premier groups at IBM, the office of the CIO, who are responsible for enabling the success of the corporation through transformation of the network. In this position, the applicant will work with a team of talented professionals to drive business value and transform IBM’s network footprint.
A position for two senior network engineers. This role is for network engineering resources with significant industry skills in network architecture, protocols, datacenter and ISP design. These resources would be expected to have strong architecture, implementation and service operations experience in the deployment of network Point of Presences, content delivery networks, and performance management monitoring tooling. The candidates must have strong leadership, analytical, and organization skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a squad of engineers.
· Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements, engineer and deploy solutions
· Maintain the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
Lead data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
Support Security and Compliance team with implementation of network environments in line with IT security policy
Review reports of network operational status and support operations teams as required
Provide direction as necessary to teams for:
upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
capacity management and audit of network systems
project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in network engineering and global implementation of reliable, scalable, and secure network infrastructure.
· 5+ years' experience in Enterprise Voice & Data Architecture design and life cycle engineering principals, hands-on implementation, and physical/logical configuration best practices
· Strong Network experience in architecture and hands on configuration skill of network equipment with a focus on Cisco and Juniper.
· Experience in Network Engineering principals, hands-on implementation, and physical/logical configuration best practices.
· Experience in routing and switching technologies & protocols; including QoS.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Proven analytic skills and the ability to isolate and resolve complex issues.
· Strength in building architectural roadmaps, business cases, strong understanding and vision of next generation networking technologies.
· Demonstrated ability to defend and support ideas.
· Demonstrated communication skills working with senior executives
· Ability to provide direction, communicate and provide strong leadership to network vendors who provide products and services
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.