Job Description :
Do you enjoy converting process flows/ideas into digital reality in SAP applications that leveraging the latest SAP development techniques and tools? Do you have an eye for logic and a passion for problem solving? If the answers to the above questions are YES, please read on.
Looking for a talented individual to be involved in SAP SD ABAP/API development to support 1/6 of IBM’s revenue transactions. Candidate will be expected to have solid software engineering experience in full life cycles of SAP development life cycles. A successful candidate is expected to have exceptional programming skills and experience with Restful API development, and the latest SAP development and deployment tools (SAP Web IDE for example).
In this position, you will be part of a team of Business Analysts and developers who are engaged in a large-scale effort to design, develop, implement and support SAP SD (sales and delivery) applications. You will implement robust programs/enhancement to improve our ability to support various IBM’s go-to market teams who are located in all corners of the world, interact with our stakeholders and your peer team members. You will be expected to maintain awareness of SAP trends, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to promote a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. You will be expected to contribute with hands on development.
• Perform SAP Development/ABAP object deployment
• Work with business analysts and product owners to understand requirements and translate to technical specifications
• Conduct Unit tests
• Conduct Functional/system integration testing support and Deployment
• Integrate with other team designs
• Support production as needed and meet development schedules
• Ensure minimum impact to the existing business transactions
• Adhere to/improve existing SAP development standards
A day in the life at IBM
• Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners – all while being based out of our Research Triangle Park NC office
• Actively participate and/or lead in our lunch and learn sessions
• Take a break, have a nice espresso or a snack, or play a game of pool with other IBMers
• Take advantage of our on-site Fitness & Recreation Center
• Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
• Stay current with emerging trends in areas related to SAP development technologies
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in Object oriented programming techniques, REST API, API, RFC (Remote Function Call)
· Problem solving and quick learner
· Exposure to web services and web applications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Strong understanding of Agile process and best practices
· 2 plus years of experience in all areas of developing custom SAP objects (such as data dictionary, SAP Dynpro, reports, enhancements, function modules) preferably in SD (Sales and Delivery)
· Solid understanding in SAP SD configuration and Q2C processes
· 2 full life cycles of SAP implementations
· Experience in SAP’s Fiori/Personas applications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.