Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer – Vulnerability Management
Are you looking to bridge your development experience into the fascinating world of Cybersecurity? The IBM CISO (Chief Information Security Organization) is seeking a highly self-motivated solutions engineer with a great mix of development, IT skills, and information security knowledge to join the dynamic IBM CISO Vulnerability Management team.
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will be part of a fast-paced Agile team responsible for integrating, developing, and implementing next generation vulnerability management solutions used across all IBM.
Strong technical coding skills and software integration experience is required. Prior experience with Vulnerablity Management Tools such as ServiceNow, IBM PSIRT BPM, Qualys, Tenable, Rapid 7 + full SDLC & integration with other systems is strongly desired.
Successful candidates will be creative problem solvers and possess strong collaborating skills to team across IBM CIO and Business Units. This role is a part of an exciting fast paced corporate security team. Security is one of IBM's critical pillars and the position offers great visibility.
• Analyze requirements by evaluating business needs and technical feasibility to develop deliverables
• Design, develop, and implement Vulnerability Management solutions with security considerations
• Develop Web applications to support VM dashboarding and reporting
• Maintain VM solutions by monitoring errors/stoppages, troubleshooting, correcting, making adjustments
• Resolve end-user problems by answering questions and requests
• Pilot and test new security solutions to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
• Accept ownership of tasks and independently drive to completion and seek guidance as needed
• Research information security trends, standards and practices to enhance security solutions
• Participate actively in knowledge sharing activities to improve security engineering practices
• Prior experience in vulnerability management and cloud, mobile, or application security
• Possess a high level of technical expertise and experience in software programming
• 5+ years experience in design, development, and operations of security technologies and solutions
• 3+ years experience with SaaS development and deployment (BlueMix, DevOps Tool Chain)
• 2+ years experience with common enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, FireEye, HP, Microsoft, etc.)
• 2+ years experience with OS (Linux, Unix, Windows) and Windows Services (Active Directory, LDAP, etc)
• Experience performing evaluation and selection of security technologies, components, and applications
• Experience performing assurance of deployment architectures
• Strong business and technical design and documentation skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in cross-matrix environment
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is preferred
No remote opportunities exist. This role is onsite in Raleigh, NC. No relocation provided.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 5 years experience in design, development, and operations of security technologies and solutions
• Software programming (Java/JEE/Python/Perl)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Databases: DB2, Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, DDL/SQL, health, backups, tuning
• Vulnerability Management or Process Mgmt/Issue Tracking Tools: ServiceNow, IBM PSIRT BPM, Qualys, Tenable, Rapid 7
• Vulnerability Scanning (Nessus, SecurityCenter, AppScan)
• RESTful web service
• Knowledge of industry security frameworks (ISO2700x, NIST, HIPAA, Cloud Security)
• Agile and DevOps methodologies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.