IBM Services, Cloud Innovation Advisory team seeks consultants who are passionate about helping clients define, embark upon and accelerate their cloud adoption journey. Successful candidates are experienced technologists with technical depth and breadth, along with strong client engagement, communications and consulting skills.
Our platform and vendor agnostic team seeks consultants with the demonstrated ability to think strategically about businesses, create technical definitions around client objectives, develop complex solutions that span architectural and IT functional changes, then motivate and mobilize resources to deliver results. Successful candidates are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about cloud adoption, and want to have a direct positive impact on our clients.
You will be expected to consult on the following topic(s):
Ideally, you will also offer experience and expertise in one or more of the following topics:
Cloud Economics: Perform technical and financial analysis to help clients determine the impact of cloud adoption on the clients’ businesses. Define the total cost of ownership and business value for IT as well as the business and its ecosystem partners.
Cloud Platforms: Your will define future state architectures of private and public cloud platforms and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop/big data, containerization, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
Cloud Management Platforms: Architect solutions (architecture, processes) using native capabilities of public clouds or independent cloud management platforms to define self-service interfaces, enable metering and billing, integration with external enterprise management systems, including service catalogs. Further, support the configuration of storage and network resources
Cloud-enabled Application and Data Strategy: Evaluate client application portfolios to define the affinity of its elements (e.g. applications, data) to various cloud models. Define the migration strategy (e.g. Re-platform to IaaS, Refactor to PaaS/Cloud Native, etc.) that minimizes risk, cost and duration while maximizing the value of Cloud across the portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead or participate in cloud strategy and transformation engagements based on level of seniority
Support business development (e.g. marketing, sales), through writing proposals, pricing, risk management, negotiations, and contracting as well as transitioning from sales to project/program setup
Forge trusted relationships that benefit both clients and IBM
Support the continuous refinement of IBM’s services, including internal and external marketing, maturation/training of methods, tools, and points of view, as well as integration with IBM’s other services and products for synergistic value. Harvest, share and present intellectual capital from past and parallel engagements
Gain and convey expertise in (and study of) technologies, cloud drivers, and cloud trends for specified industries and markets, as well as the evolving role of cloud in the evolving enterprise transformation context·
In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients. As such, travel to client sites is required, up to 5 days per week. Preferred candidates will reside within a 50 mile radius of a major airport.
Are you interested in taking the next step in your career? Apply today!
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMjobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and latest job opportunities.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of technology consulting
• Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Cloud & Infrastructure, or Systems Engineering
• Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Open to up to 100% travel
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• 3+ years software/technology customer facing experience
• Experience with “on premise to cloud” migrations or hybrid cloud IT transformations
• Certifications on any of the public cloud platforms or related products
• Experience architecting/operating solutions build on any of the public cloud platforms
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.