Please note that this is an internal-only position and limits candidates to current regular IBMers of the same employing entity / company as the posted position.
The IBM Watson and Cloud Platform Digital New Business Representative is responsible for creating quality infrastructure solutions for net new prospects identified via inbound channels such as chat, phone, and email, marketing campaigns, and industry events.
A successful Digital New Business Representative connects with a prospect, identifies key needs, addresses any pain points, and utilizes the information that the prospect provides in order to solve the customer’s business problems surrounding IaaS, pulling in technical resources, when necessary.
• Service inbound sales inquiries in the form of live chats, phone calls, and direct email.
• Onboard new customers through both inbound and outbound sales activities.
• Ensure high percentage of sales wins through aggressive relationship management and follow-up activities to turn prospects into new accounts.
• Contribute to company sales goals through individual attainment.
• Leverage current customer referrals to identify new prospects and close new opportunities,
• Utilize CRM for lead and opportunity tracking.
• Sales acumen; skilled working in a fast-paced selling environment with direct customer interaction and a wide range of customer types
• Goal-oriented; maintains a sense of urgency in a deadline-driven setting
• Self-sufficient with the ability work well in a high team-oriented environment
• Ability to work a set schedule, with willingness and flexibility to adjust schedule when the need arises (may include early, late, or weekend hours)
• Ability to leverage resources throughout the business to solve complex problems
• Excellent follow-up skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong written skills
• Ability to travel up to 10% annually
• Fluent (spoken/written) in English and German
• High school diploma, with bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or technology (or equivalent experience) preferred
• 1-2 years sales experience with focus in cloud solutions preferred
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to the Job Description.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.