The role of the Solution Guild in the One IBM Cloud (West) team is to establish and enforce consistent method of solutioning IBM Cloud-based offerings into customer solutions for the Europe, LA & Canada markets.
The One IBM Cloud (West) solution Guild works with the extended team of solutioners for the West Hub who are working to solution deals in the Europe, LA & Canada markets as well as the other guilds and competency leaders.
A CSL (Cloud Solution Leader) handles complex Cloud\transformation focused opportunities involving multiple disciplines or business units. Provides leadership and direction to high priority or special projects undertaken by the business. Recommends to client and IT management appropriate technological alternatives. Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements. Provides high-level specialized technical direction and consultation to business and IT management.
A Cloud Native CSL is a subject matter expert with deep technical knowledge of one or more IBM Cloud standard offerings such as IBM Cloud Private, IBM Public Cloud runtimes and Platform Services & Solutions. They have a deep understanding of workload/technology and eco-system with technical proficiency in cloud architecture and deployment practices.
A CSL owns the solution portion based on the Cloud standard offering of thier expertise and maps and validates it against the customer requirement that falls into this area. It represents the single point of contact for that offering which is part of the solution and is able to define dependencies and integration points when need it to work in conjunction with other subject matter experts.
The CSL is a key role of the IBM Cloud Solution HUB, being the one that understands best how the offering works and having an up to date view of its new features and capabilities .
Participate in calls with the brand opportunity owner and technical team to review the requirements
Participate in the development of the Solution Strategy
Develop solution with the broader deal team
Deliver the cost case for the Cloud Solution offerings that are in his/her specialty
Own the update of the Technical documents according to the CSS Specialty
Ensure delivery of deliverables relevant to their area of specialization
Lead delivery of proposed solutions in the Cloud Solution Board (CSB) technical review and handle/delegate any follow-up actions.
Works with other technical SME's on updating any documentation as the result of CSB technical review / recommended updates to the solution
A CSL Leads in the development of the cloud technical solution, in translating the business needs into technical requirements. Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the cloud technical solution and provides the appropriate guidance to mitigate those identified risks.
A CSL is capable of working cohesively across IBM brands utilizing his\her broad knowledge of and ability to explain key client\end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and management required Domain-specific.
The CSL is a vital role within IBM Cloud Solution HUB. As a CSL will directly support the market share and revenue growth of IBM Cloud through his\her technical leadership in solutioning, designing, governing & ensuring the successful implementation for mission critical cloud solutions for our customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Broad technical understanding of the IBM Cloud portfolio.
• Hands-on experience in areas such as Docker, Cloud Foundry, and Watson Services (Conversation, Natural Language Understanding)
• Strong knowledge and experience of solutioning or related process in Cloud, GTS, GBS or similar organisation
• Detailed knowledge and hands on experience of selected part of the IBM Cloud portfolio - with particular emphasis on Cloud Native (Microservices, Containers etc), ICP, Watson (AI), Blockchain
• Strong client facing skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Deep knowledge of several Cloud offering and deep skills in competences.
• Broad understanding of the IBM Cloud Platform and Cloud Software and Cloud Services portfolio.
• Formal Architecture Education.
• Previous experience with Cloud in GTS, GBS, Tech Sales or Development.
• Experience in customer facing interaction with architecture and technical teams.
• Demonstrated innovation leadership in moving to Cloud Native.
• Skilled in the areas of: IBM Watson Data Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Watson Services (Conversation, Natural Language, Discovery, STT/TTS), Analytics.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.