This is a full-time position for an experienced services consultant responsible for supporting and deploying products belonging to Security software portfolio. The position requires working with customers to implementations, upgrade, train, and supporting installations of the products both remotely and at customers' sites.
For the Business Development part of the role, you will be responsible for positioning & selling services around our Security software portfolio. You will develop territory relationships with brand sales reps, client executives, software client leaders, technical sales, and key customer decision makers. Ultimately, this role is about partnering with the broader IBM team to ensure customers are deploying and receiving value from the security software they have purchased from IBM.
This position requires:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security software portfolio. This includes working as a team member with client personnel and other IBM teams to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification, design and deployment of the client's solution.
• Experience and demonstrated technical knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
• IT consulting skills, as well as the ability to act as a trusted client advisor and the ability to shift smoothly between roles as advisory team member, team technical lead, and project lead as required.
• Define the enterprise security target architectures and strategic direction through understanding business drivers and demonstrating exhibited knowledge and skills in the Security domain.
• Should have demonstrated communications skills – both written/verbal.
• Able to understand and assess business and regulatory requirements, evaluate the best possible design for the requirement and translate the business needs and regulatory requirements into appropriate solution.
• Architect, Design and implement end-to-end Security solutions.
• Functional and non-functional security requirements definition and documentation experience.
• Develop the migration strategy, migration plans and risks for migration from previous versions to current versions.
• Should possess the technical/functional skills necessary to understand and lead consulting project engagements.
• Helps clients in defining the enterprise roadmap for deployment of Security solution.
• Play substantive/lead role and engagement planning, economics, and billing.
• Participate in training efforts. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other services.
• Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities and service lines. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
• Understand clients' business environment and pain areas. Participate in proposal development efforts. Participate in "add-on" sales to client.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Information Systems
5+ years of relevant experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security software portfolio
Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
At least 1 year experience in Sell Software Services
At least 1 year experience in Execute Services Engagements
At least 1 year experience in Advise on Value Prop for IBM Products & Services
At least 6 months experience in Enterprise Security
Ability to develop strong customer relationships
Negotiation & communication skills to develop and close contracts
Matrix management skills across sales, lab services, and customer decision makers
Knowledge of Services Sales process and tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.