IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely dis tinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, be essential. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Business Unit Introduction
Established in 2001, the India Software Labs (ISL) is one of IBM’s premier product development and innovation centers in the world. ISL focuses on developing products, technology and solutions for IBM’s Software Group. It delivers innovations and thought leadership that drive significant revenues for the IBM Company. The 4500+ ISL employees work across locations in 6 cities in India, with Bangalore and Pune being the largest centers, followed by Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Mumbai. ISL contributes to IBM’s software portfolio across the following domains:
Smarter Analytics, Social Business, Security, Big Data, Application Integration, Smarter Cities, Business Process, Mobile, Smarter Commerce, Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure, Expert Integrated Systems
ISL’s engineering teams drive product development, management, and support and services missions across all the above domain areas from India. ISL is also the first IBM lab outside the US, to establish an IBM Watson engineering mission. While the degree of responsibility varies from product to product and solutions, the lab participates in all phases of the product development life cycle, starting from the analyzing the market conditions, identifying the business opportunity, conceptualization and incubation of a supporting product or a solution idea, implementation of the said solution, piloting it with local and global customer base, the release of the product to the market and finally the maintenance of the software through the various iterations and versions
Who you are:
As a Cognos BI Consultant, you will apply your deep expertise in Analytics to come up with a solution for the customer on Descriptive analytics. You will also have to ensure that the best practices prescribed for Cognos Analytics is implemented on the ground, for the customer. Based on your expertise and skills gained over the years, you will have to review and guide customers and IBM partners.
Aside from participating in the above activities, you will apply your deep expertise in designing, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support IBM Cognos Analytics applications on IBM / Private Cloud.
What you'll do:
• Be a trusted Advisor of the Customer
• Lead a team of BI Developers for the project owned
• Own the project as a BI Consultant, and ensure successful delivery of the project
• Ensure that the maximum capability of IBM Cognos BI product is used.
• Be a hands-on person, and deliver activities like Creation of reports on Cognos Analytics, Installation, Training, and Managing Project.
• Be a leader on thought process, publish Patents, White Papers and Cook Books
• Design the overall architecture and infrastructure design
• Design the solution for the requirment & prepare project plan
• Manage the IBM Cognos Analytics environment on IBM / Private / Hybrid Cloud
• Design and develop Metadata Models in Framework Manager
• Design and develop reports using IBM Cognos Analytics
• Design a backup strategy for each of the IBM Cognos Analytics instance
How well help you grow:
• You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
• You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
• You’ll access to the Product Management team
• You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
7+ years of IBM Cognos BI / Cognos Analytics experience
Relevant experience of 2+ years in Cognos Analytics
5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing
5+ years of experience in configuration and sizing of infrastructure for IBM Cognos BI / Analytics architecture
Minimum 5 years’ experience in configuration and tuning of IBM Cognos BI / Analytics
Readiness to travel
Excellent Communication, people management and leadership skills
Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well
Able to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals.
Master level Domain Knowledge of at least 3 domains
5+ years of experience in conducting BI Product Training
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
7 - 9 years of Work experience
6+ years of experience in IBM Cognos BI Tool; Three or more years of experience of full life cycle projects (Implementing DW / IBM Cognos BI Project)
Advanced development and troubleshooting skills in IBM Cognos BI. IBM Certifications in Cognos BI is an advantage.
Specific IBM Cognos BI skills required, in order of importance:o Expert on IBM Cognos Report Studioo Use of MDX for creating reports. Expert on creating Report Studio reports on OLAP cubes.o Expert on Cognos PowerCubeo Expert on Cognos RAVEo Expert on SQL programmingo Good knowledge of Data Warehousing principles (Kimball Approach)
Expert on Installation and Configuration of Cognos products on Windows, Unix and Linux environments.
Knowledge of TM1 / Planning Analytics
Knowledge of Big Data
Knowledge of R & Python scripts
Knowledge of AI