Who We Are:
The MetEx team ("MetEx" ... Metrics for Execs) are a small group with a large responsibility in supporting business transformation within the Hybrid Cloud Integration business unit. Our mission is to enable the leaders within the organisation to make timely, more informed decisions as they confront changing problems in an evolving business. We do this by identifying, gathering and reporting metrics to support those decisions. Examples of the kind of question we have to answer include:
o How long on average does it take for a SaaS order to be fulfilled?
o How likely are my customers to renew this year?
o What is my exposure to GDPR?
The role involves interpreting and collating information from disparate sources and then refining it into a more consumable dataset. The information that is gathered needs to be visualised and presented within our dashboard framework. As the problem space becomes better understood, our solution will quickly evolve until our executives get what they need. A key element of our success is reducing the dependency on the spreadsheets that pervade our business today.
The role includes working with senior personnel across a variety of disciplines (Development, Sales, Support, Finance, etc) and will provide the successful candidate with a high degree of exposure. We’re expected to be flexible to changing demands and to deliver to tight deadlines.
Who You Are:
• You know that first understanding “what needs to be achieved” is more important than “how you are going to achieve it”.
• The successful candidate will be a hands-on expert in web development, with a drive to own and to improve all aspects of our output.
• You will be an independent thinker who is prepared to challenge the status quo and ask the question “Why is it done that way?”, and then be able to propose alternatives.
• You will have an excellent attention to detail and have the confidence to bring new ideas and technologies into the team.
• You will be willing to support the wider community that utilises our tools for development and operational dashboards.
• You’ll have the flexibility to take changing business requirements in your stride and work well with your new team members to iteratively deliver value in a continuous fashion.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Highly proficient in HTML and CSS
Good knowledge of Web Development technologies
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience using Ruby, Python, or similar
Experience with source control (eg GitHub) and continuous integration tools (eg Jenkins)
Good understanding of Object Orientated Software Design
Database Experience – SQL
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.