Job: Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Work Location: Herndon, VA Location (2300 Dulles Station Blvd, Herndon, VA 20171)
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Herndon, VA.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information and security background with an emphasis on cloud security. He / She will work within a fast¬ paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement next generation security solutions.
This senior security engineer role includes all aspects of the squad mission but primarily focuses on ensuring that the architecture and deployment of our security services meet business needs, security requirements, and provide appropriate integration capabilities.
Essential Job Duties:
• Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security services and propose modifications and additional services and capabilities to meet any gaps identified.
• Resolve or escalate issues impacting security services and service adoption
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and develop plans to address
• Assist in the creation of metrics for measuring service success and business value
• Analyze requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and develops them into a finished working deliverable
• Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
• Participate in projects to pilot /proof of concept / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large scale deployment
• Contribute to and/or lead various security architecture review efforts to ensure products include security into design, development and operations
• Experience in creating cloud-based programs, performing threat simulations to detect possible risks, and providing security recommendations
• Experience with developing security controls for cloud native architectures and virtualization environments
• Understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
• Strong Interpersonal communicating skills
• Be able to perform complete security assessments of Cloud CSPs (Cloud Service Providers) – using domain knowledge and /or using automated tools such as CASB.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years experience in security and technology-based industry
• 7+ Years of experience in implementing cloud DLP solutions at the enterprise level
• 5+ years System administration and engineering experience
• 5+ years hands-on experience on designing, implementing and managing cloud security tools and protection of critical data.
• 5+ Experience in working with enterprise cloud providers such as SoftLayer, AWS, Azure.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience with Docker / Containers
• Experience with Linux System Administration
• Experience in Agile Methodologies.
• Cloud Certifications – such CCSP and CCSK
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.