• Manage domestic and international indirect tax compliance processes
• Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors to support accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related accessory obligations
• Develop, implement and streamline tax compliance processes
• Review VAT/GST returns (analysis of data, and liaison with AP and AR teams)
• Review month end close procedures, involving review of journal vouchers and monthly reconciliations
• Work closely with multi-department disciplines (HR, Legal, Operations, etc.), international opertions and regional offices to mitigate tax risk
• Participate in planning an assist with special studies to determine tax implications.
• Works closely with multi-departmental disciplines (HR, Legal, Operations, etc), international operations and regional offices to provide guidance and perspective on tax effecting issues.
• Drive and implement changes required to indirect tax compliance processes as a result of changes to indirect tax legislation
• Perform self-audits of operational guidance and indirect tax controls
• Coordinating and responding to indirect tax audits
• Other projects will be assigned as needed
The primary teams this person will work with include SoftLayer Accounting, Treasury, Finance and Analysis, and external statutory audit vendors
This individual should be passionate about the growth and use of Cloud technology!
The mission of this role will be to bring operational excellence to international accounting, reporting and tax compliance. This role will be a key player in our strong team environment. The position has direct interaction with various levels of upper and middle management including exposure to international management as well as internal and external auditors.
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple and competing tasks simultaneously and work closely with various departments and team members
• Must be a motivated, self-starter with a proactive personality who is able to work independently or with a team
• Excellent analytical, written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Unquestionable integrity
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years’ experience in progressive accounting-based or general ledger roles; exposure to international operations is required
• Knowledge and experience in US GAAP including chart of accounts, journal entries, balance sheets, and reconciliations
• Indirect tax experience for international companies
• Experience working with internal and external auditors
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Technology industry experience is preferred
• Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, v and h lookups, and complex formula writing)
• Experience with large accounting and reporting systems (Epicor, Oracle or Hyperion a plus)
• Current knowledge of multi-entity operations and posting into several different companies
• Experience and understanding of foreign currency transactions, payments, or translation activities
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.