The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, and fraud. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts.
IBM is seeking developers to join their software lab in Cork. IBM Ireland plays a key role in developing and supporting IBMs technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security, and Cognitive computing.
Reporting to a Development Manager and working with a global team, you will design, code, and test new product features. You will also be involved in build automation and DevOps work, product documentation, and work with QA teams on defect resolution.
• Work as part of an Agile team to understand feature requirements
• Design, code, and test product features.
• DevOps role to maintain, support, and optimize development environments to enable continuous software delivery.
• Work with QA teams to resolve defects.
• Contribute to product documentation.
• Do appropriate education, planning, and follow-through to stay technically current.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, can multi-task, and has strong analytical skills.
• Familiar with agile development methodologies.
• Non-relational database (e.g. Cloudant, MongoDB) understanding desirable.
• Works well in a global team environment but is also able to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.