LVL 1 Job Description
• Provide hardware remote technical support, troubleshooting and analysis assistance for hardware installation (or reinstallation), usage, configuration questions and software installation for IBM/Lenovo products
• Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Provide answers for general usage and operation questions.
• Provide problem determination / problem source Identification. Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause.
• Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
• Identify suspected defects and engage escalation team to assist in resolution.
• Aid with questions regarding product documentation related to the supported products.
• Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
• Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the hardware platform supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
• Supporting USA customers, USA time zone, Shift based.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• B.Sc. in Electronics/Communication/Computer Engineering
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• 0 – 3 years of experience in Technical Support or similar fields
• Fluent in English
• Expressing any certain aspect of the work place to make it better “Self-motivated “.
• Handling off hours for business needs, whenever required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.