The Sales Support Specialist supports the IBM sales organization in their pre-sales or post-sales administrative activities with contracts, proposals and orders. This requires cooperative collaboration with the sales team and other supporting departments and functions (e.g. Procurement, Pricing, Legal, Billing etc.), with the objective to turn business opportunities to orders and then cash in a timely and accurate manner.
• Engage in sales opportunities in assistance to Sellers / Business Partners
• Understand client requirements and ensure documentation is fully compliant with client specifications and requirements
• Use appropriate collaborative / business tools and templates and coordinate IBM sales team and other supporting departments to produce deliverables according to client’s expectations, within time critical schedules
• Ensure satisfactory audit and review posture is maintained: through compliance with all relevant aspects of the process
• Utilize foreign language skills while engaging and cultivating relationships with Sellers, Business Partners and a variety of IBM functions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• English: Fluent
• Daily use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Completed University studies in Business / Finance / Management / Language
• At least 1 year work experience
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to work in a multi-lingual / multi-cultural environment
• Understanding the implications of different pricing options / methods
• Ability to follow Business Controls and maintain bid audit trail
• Applying basic teaming skills to work within teams
• Ability to solve basic problems within own work group and provide an innovative approach to achieve own work group objectives
• Detail orientation with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize work in a fast spaced environment and work under time constraints
• Willingness to work flexibly, as the role involves occasional shifts and overtime
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.