This position belongs to WW Workflow Tool development squad located in Budapest as part of the European IGF CIO organization within CIO Services. This squad is responsible for the full development, deployment and support activities in all geographies.
Main purpose of the job:
You will work as a Business Analyst in the WW Workflow Development squad to support the development activities.
You will also have a key role in gathering business requirements, break those down to smaller pieces and translate them into functional requirements.
· Provide consultancy to the IGF business users and stakeholders on any system or business process related requirement or improvement.
· Support the operation of WW Workflow Tool based on system strategy, defined by functional manager, technical owner, project leader
· Follow the defined application, Client Service, CIO, IGF and global IBM strategy;
· Follow quality rules and standards are defined by the company, doing the daily work according to these (Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc.);
· Execute application testing activities for application releases based on project manager/technical owner instructions;
· Organize education of customers using the WW Workflow Tool, Proactively look for the knowledge gaps where any education is needed, make proposal for it in line with business directives;
· Frequently report to direct leaders (application technical owner and project leader in case of application related project works) about status of project activities, actions, tasks; doing documentation about completed and closed items;
· Develop own skills and knowledge with in line with business strategy. Build the gathered knowledge into team knowledge;
· Support the communication between users and development team, direct communication with users in case of any system changes, outages are affecting them;
Ensure application compliance and business control posture is maintained according to the relevant IBM policies and standards (ITSS, ITCS, GDPR, GPA, etc)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· University or college degree in IT field;
· Fluent English (written and verbal).
· Min 1 year experience at IT support field (SQL, scripting, MS macros)
· Experience in asset based leasing systems or banking systems
· Strong process expertise in a multinational environment (min 2 years)
· Experience in Agile, Scrum methodologies
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Customer friendly attitude;
Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
Creative and proactive thinking;
Open mind for new solutions;
General system-integration skills.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.