Discover what you can do at IBM.
The North America Event Manager leverages IBM Strategy, Tools, Processes, and Platforms to create and deliver differentiated and exception event experiences.
· Create event experiences that differentiate IBM and allow direct buyer connections to Subject Matter Experts
· Ensure events are surrounded by digital and social tactics to drive buyer engagement before, during and after the event
· Establish event attendance drive to strategies and follow up plans for all attendees with digital e-nurture and telephone lead generation that is integrated with other outbound tactics planned for the campaign for IBM-led and third party events
· Measure and analyze performance. Ensure event is an integrated part of the campaign
· Implement the Event Suite of Tools to plan, execute and report results for events
· Understand new channels such as mobile applications and their integration into the event experience
· Develop an event experience within budget parameters. Ensure all appropriate buying guidelines and business controls are met
· Engage and effectively manage appropriate event agencies. Develop a statement of work (SOW) that reflects IBM’s business needs and priorities. Contribute to the agency evaluation process
· Demonstrate understanding of analytics tools that will lead to recommendations on event performance, event optimization, audience generation, effective use of event tactics, return on investment
· Project manage events end to end for on time execution. Provide operational skills to influence diverse internal teams and external agencies, business partners and vendors
· Possess an understanding of audience engagement techniques and trends in the industry and leverage this knowledge in developing IBM event experience strategies
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.