This position will provide direct support to the Real Estate Strategy and Operations (RESO) Strategic Planning Center of Excellence (COE). This role will also interface with other RESO COE’s and groups such as Site Operations, Space Planning, Project Management, Program (Transaction) Management, Asset Management, Finance and third party real estate services providers as necessary. Candidates will preferably have either an education in, or experience with corporate or commercial real estate portfolio analysis, and will possess strong quantitative skills.
The role is located in NY, NY or Armonk, NY.
The role applies experience in performing and interpreting business cases and financial analysis. Makes portfolio management and occupancy model recommendations based on a complete understanding of business strategy, priorities, accounting and financial targets through the development of comprehensive portfolio models and analysis across multiple occupancy scenario opportunities. In addition, includes the analysis and interpretation of complex data, identification of issues, developing alternatives and recommended solutions.
This role will provide analytical support for strategic portfolio planning to include: historic trend data for occupancy and utilization, occupancy cost data, Business Unit (BU) demand forecasts, project budgets, lease liquidity, market data, and other relevant information required to analyze the portfolio. This position will support and develop executive level presentations for approvals in PowerPoint and will also prepare materials for the quarterly reporting process as well as prepare regular and ad hoc reports for review by senior management. Database management in Excel will also be required.
Professional knowledge related to incumbent's function/business unit and its processes.
Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, and may conduct special projects. Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function. Sometimes no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams. Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses.
Statements That Describe the Right Candidate:
• You are and want to be an absolute perfectionist when it comes to formulas, accuracy and formatting
• Excel proficient – complex formulas and keyboard shortcuts over mouse are a must; VBA and macros are a plus
• Can demonstrate prior creation of dashboards, data visualization, and storytelling; Tableau and similar are a plus
• You can find a way to do anything via Google search, like to learn new formulas and keyboard shortcuts, and have watched Excel training videos or attended classes
• You like to build or fix or solve. You don’t want to sit and operate a machine, you want to build the machine, integrate, try new methods, and make it faster, stronger, and more efficient
• You like people and present yourself in a clear, professional manner both in-office and with internal clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business/economics/real estate, or related field required.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in business, real estate, economics, or finance.
• Excellent Excel, analytical, modelling, and due diligence skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation/ PowerPoint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results, meet deadlines, and manage complex and shifting priorities.
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to see the bigger picture.
• Excellent networking skills and intrapersonal skills.
• Collaborative and team-oriented work style, and an entrepreneurial / motivated character.
• Demonstrated interest in real estate and desire to develop within the industry.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
5 plus years of demonstrated experience in business, real estate, economics, or finance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.