Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative individuals to join our newly-launched Cybersecurity Technology Services (CISO-CTS) Team at our location in Atlanta, GA.
CISO-CTS Team is responsible for protecting IS/IT assets in the enterprise by identifying risks or gaps and deploying solutions or technologies to mitigate them. Our extended team has highly motivated, innovative, and out-of-the-box thinkers that you will enjoy working with.
This hands-on role requires a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) with excellent communication skills for active collaboration with associates within the team and various external teams. The Cybersecurity Engineer will actively participate in projects to deploy Cybersecurity technologies via agile execution. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be able to work with little supervision. This role is part of a newly-launched team with great leadership and growth opportunities.
This Cybersecurity Engineer role includes all aspects of the squad mission; but primarily has two focus areas:
First; this includes a hands-on, technical role. This role will assist with projects including setting-up, testing, and piloting security technologies and helping deploy them to production environment.
Second; this role will assist in solving service escalations and performing routine tasks to ensure that owned/managed solutions are operating at optimum performance.
Essential Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• Deploy and support solutions in the area of Cybersecurity
• Contribute to the day-to-day development, implementation, monitoring and operational support of owned/managed solutions and service provider relationships
• Participate in IS/IT Security projects as assigned
• Resolve or escalate issues impacting security services or service adoption
• Maintain metrics for measuring project progress, service success, and business value
• Stay current with industry by conducting research or reading publications
• Assigned duties may adjust periodically based on active projects or technology/solution portfolio of the team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology
• 3+ years of recent experience in IS/IT Security
• 3+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure or platform-as-a-service, containers, and serverless
• Be a SME in at least two of these domains: Authentication and Directory Services, Identity Management, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Intrusion Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application Security
• Planning skills
• Technical Writing skills
• Ability to speak and write well: Ability to compile and present to a technical audience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• 10+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology
• 5+ years of recent experience in IS/IT Security
• 5+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure or platform-as-a-service, containers, and serverless
• Be a SME in at least three of these domains: Authentication and Directory Services, Identity Management, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Intrusion Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application Security
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.