As a software engineer you will work on projects that push the limits of what is available to users. For IBM Bluemix Infrastructure, automation is the key to success. You will be challenged to find creative and efficient ways to deploy products and services to our customers. If you are an impassioned developer with a strong technical background who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and want to be a part of an agile team atmosphere; then look no further. You will be joining some of the most talented, creative, and dedicated developers. We strive to make IBM Bluemix Infrastructure a place where you want to be, a place where you are proud to work, and where you are motivated to excel.
• Design and develop innovative, company impacting products and services to support infrastructure operations
• Design, develop and implement object oriented applications from prototype through implementation
• Integrate open source and commercial enterprise applications into an exposed API and web-based portal
• Create highly scalable and performant REST/SOAP web services
• Work closely with product management and stakeholders to ensure applications meet needs and expectations
• 2+ Years of experience in one or more of the following languages (PHP5+, Python, Go)
• Strong understanding of object oriented design principles and patterns
• Strong knowledge of SOA web services – REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, XML, JSON
• Experience with relational databases and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Strong knowledge of MVC architecture and implementation
• Experience using an ORM (Doctrine, Propel, Hibernate)
• Experience with unit testing (PHPUnit, NoseTest, PyTest)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.